Ten Tips on Music for Babies
Music has the potential to soothe, distract and entertain babies. Here are some tips for exploring music for your baby.
- Playing music for babies has been linked to early literacy development. http://www.multcolib.org/kids/booklists/babies.html#music
- Music has the potential to calm and soothe an agitated baby.
- Premature babies who listen to music have exhibited proven health benefits. http://babiestoday.com/resources/articles/music.htm
- The earlier you introduce music to your baby, the better. http://www.nwbaby.com/ai5.html
- Enroll your baby in an age-appropriate music class. There are many options to choose from.
- Babies, together with parents or caregivers, may even take a music class online. http://www.hastac.org/node/1105
- Play music for your baby while driving in the car. A fussy baby in the back seat will likely quiet down when her favorite song is played.
- Many babies enjoy the Baby Einstein music products. http://www.babyeinstein.com/
- Raffi is another popular musical artist for babies and young children. http://www.raffinews.com/store/childrens_music/
- If you don’t have music created specifically for babies, try playing whatever you prefer (not too loudly), there is a good chance your baby will like it too.